Friday, May 20, 2011

It's Friday, Friday

Good morning lovlies and happy Friday!

I woke up this morning to a grey, gloomy and rainy view out my window and decided it was an Oats day. I'm just beginning to experiment with different recipes and approaches to the best bowl of oatmeal, since for pretty much my entire life "oatmeal" meant the instant, microwavable variety that seemed to always turn to mush. Over the years I'd learned to spice up my instant oats to something a little tastier, but I'd never, until this year, experimented with stovetop, rolled oats. Here we go!

I made these babies with
- 1/4 cup Rolled Oats
- 1/4 cup Oat bran
- 2 T. ground flax seed meal
- 1 small banana, sliced
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- dash of cinnamon

Toppings included the last of the blackberries, another small banana (these babies are SMALL, let me tell you. There was no way I was getting away with half), a few blueberries, and a dollop of Almond butter.





Nom nom nom! With a nice cup of coffee and a rainy day to watch, this morning was quite relaxing.

Later today (in about 15 minutes, actually!) I'm off to take my bro-ski out to lunch. We're going to this cute little italian pizza shoppe that's pretty close to the High School. I'm thinking instead of pizza I'll get pasta. Don't want to go too heavy on the grease because...

I'm getting greasy mexican food tonight with Jen! Haha, yes, today is really slacking on the healthy front. Anyways, we decided on the mexican place before the movie since it's so close to the theatre and pretty darn delicious. I have to say, I could really go for some tasty fajitas today. Maybe I'll take some pics :)

What's your favorite thing to do when it's gloomy outside?

2 comments:

  1. sadly, i still have yet to try stove top oats. could you tell a big difference? personally i don't mind the microwavable kind..still so yummy! i love that purple bowl

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love making stove top oats, they look so yummy. :)

    ReplyDelete