Thursday, June 16, 2011

Awkward and Awesome Thursday!



Inspired by the beautiful Sydney of The Daybook (whose blog makes me so fired-up for living. you need to check it out if you haven't. her personality is amazing and zest for life infectious. Love!) I'm doing an Awkward/Awesome thursday post, because, well, I live for awkward (and sometimes awesome) moments.

Awkward
}} Going through with an imaginary wedding with the 5 year old I nanny because I couldn't bring myself to say we couldn't get married, both being girls. We even had a first dance.
}} Coming up with what I thought was a stellar idea for a fashion show with the 3 and 5 year old girls I nanny that ended with them both in tears.
}} Being too lazy to go inside and pee while reading cookbooks on the patio. Lesson learned after I basically had to crouch-run to the bathroom. (TMI? hah)
}} Going to the grocery store with a $4.00 off $40.00 coupon and only spending $31.00, also being in too much of a rush to go back and add in an item to get the discount.

Awesome
}} Getting paid! WHOOP. Definitely needed after shelling out for a lens -- a relatively inexpensive one at that.
}} Watching a blah morning turn into a gorgeous afternoon
}} Making a delicious dinner for my wonderful family
}} Getting ready to spend a relaxing night by myself: Yoga, Reading, Making popcorn and watching a movie. Mmm :)

Tomato, Cucumber and Avocado Salad

Freshly baked Italian Loaf

Velvety Roasted Asparagus Soup

Yesterday, a rainy morning and stormy evening were interrupted by an afternoon of passing clouds and shining sunlight. I seized the moment to practice shooting with my new lens. Here are some shots of my front and back yard that I liked a little :)

















No comments:

Post a Comment