Friday, June 24, 2011

Photo Block

So far this Friday has been super weird. Every have those days that you want to last and last but fly by? And then you can't remember what you did to fill up all the hours that slipped through your hands? Yeah, it's one of those days. 

Ever since I started nannying at a consistent weekly schedule my weekends have become so precious. I find myself wishing "I wish I could just relax without anything to do today" before I step out the door to head to my nanny fam's house. But every weekend, without fail, I find myself bored out of my wits without any constructive things to do. Thankfully, the weekends coming up are filled scattered with projects so hopefully I won't pull out too many strands of my hair. 

Today began with a bowl of almond butter protein Mesa Sunrise with flax, strawbs and sliced banana. Can't get enough of this cereal bowl.

recycled pic, #toobad
I waited a full two hours after eating before heading out on my run for a few important reasons:

1) last time I went on a post-breakfast run I was DEFINITELY not done digesting. Kapeesh?
2) I really wasn't feeling a run that early in the morning but I knew I needed to get my butt back out there and get training again if I want to actually complete this 5k in July.
3) it was cool and quiet and my patio was the perfect spot to read the local newspaper #likeagrandma

After my run I ran (ha) to my backyard with my camera and tripod to try to shoot a few photos for my class's assignment. We have to shoot a self portrait without a face. For some reason, this is so difficult for me. I'm pretty much on my own because both my parents are out of the house all day, and don't exactly have the time motivation to go scope out some interesting location with perfect lighting, so everything I took seemed rather uninspired. I feel like an author with writer's block. Photo block? I don't know, but everything I take seems cliche and all my ideas seem to impossible to accomplish. AYE.

By the time I tip toed into the kitchen for lunch, I was hungrayyy. My eyes were a bit bigger than my stomach, though, because I definitely felt too full 20 minutes after my meal. Woops.

Knocked out a cottage cheese craving with a half cup of the curds, a nectarine (that really didn't want to be pitted), some cranberry granola and a bunch of cinnamon. For some reason, the cinnamon flavor tasted a little off with the cottage cheese, but it didn't bother me enough to throw everything out. 


Then I heated up a small slice of leftover spinach and mushroom fritata and crumbled it on top of a bed of spinach, tossed with a little cucumber ranch, and ate. 

I should have stopped there, but I couldn't resist a slice of cornbread from Chili night on Wednesday. Ate one alongside a refreshing mix of Zico coconut water and Crystal Light margarita.

Big lunch. Big food baby.

Since then I've been a total slob kabob. I went to Target to pick up a prescription and deposited some checks at the bank but other than that productivity has eluded me. Andy Murray, Ina Garten and Bloglovin' have been my bffs today.

BUT

Tonight, finally, I'm getting a taste of a social life again! My girlfriends and I are hitting up Old Chicago (yes, that will make it twice in one week. too bad) and then probs going to see Bad Teacher. Back later :)

Oh yeah, and finally the weather gods heard my cries. It was sunny today!


What do you guys do when you're feeling uninspired?

How do you keep from overstuffing yourself when there are so many good things around to eat (lol)?

No comments:

Post a Comment