Monday, June 13, 2011

Good (Bad) Luck Chuck

Sometimes luck runs with me.

Other times, not so much.

This weekend was a wonderful mishmash of the good and bad kinds of luck, but thankfully we were all able to laugh it off. As with news, I like to get the bad out of the way first.

Lemon Poppyseed muffins we baked on the rainy Friday


The Bad
I got lost on the way to pick the boy up at his bus stop! I took the google maps directions with me but even that wasn't enough to keep my lack of directional skill from taking over. After about 20 minutes of driving around aimlessly through streets and avenues looking for the one-way that seemed never to show up, I finally found myself looping around and at a stop light near the bus stop. Thankfully, Nick saw my car and ran in. Hectic!
The Good
I got to spend an entire weekend with Nick, got to show him what I love about MN and got a lot of much-missed cuddle time :)

The Bad
Nick really wanted to treat me to one of his favorites after a game of tennis: a soft serve ice cream cone from McDonalds! I was more than happy to oblige ;) especially since he said they were only $.49! 49 cents? dream on! Apparently that's only in WI because McD's charged us .99 for each cone. Rough.
The Good
I got a tasty soft serve cone for 150 yummy calories.

Ready for the game with our Twins gear!

The Bad
We were both really excited to go to the Twins game on Friday night. Nick had never been to one and I'd only been to Target Field once before. Unfortunately, we chose the wrong night. The Twins lost 9-3 (after the Rangers scored 7 runs in the second inning) and it was rainy and cold the whole time. Every other game of the series? The Twins won by a HUGE margin and it the weather was warm and sunny. Oh wellllll.
The Good
Nick got to see his first Twins game, and we had great seats with a skyline view!

The Bad
Saturday night was the perfect night for an outdoor movie. Drive-in theaters are so much fun in the summer time, but there are only two around the Twin Cities and we had to drive about an hour to get to the one with the best movies (Super 8, Hangover II, and Thor). We drove all the way out to the theatre with a bunch of blankets, stopped at Walmart to grab some movie grub (and caffeine to stay up for the TRIPLE feature!) only to find that it was FULL and the place had no more room for any other cars!
The Good
We didn't want to let our road trip or movie munchies go to waste, so we searched the GPS for the nearest movie theatre and went on our first movie-date ever! We ended up seeing Super 8! I thought it was good -- the main characters were little kids, which made me want to be young and carefree again -- but it reminded both of us of the Goonies!

The Bad
My dad had purchased a Groupon-type coupon for a steamboat ride around a lake that I live near and we planned to go on the 11:50 ride. We showed up at the boat literally 2 seconds before it was about to leave and it was too late to board.
The Good
This weekend there was a huge art fair at the park next to the lake, so we decided to take a stroll and look at the artists' work instead of wait for the steamboat to come back. I'm so glad we did because we so so many incredible pieces of art. So inspiring!

Long story short, this weekend was awesome.

Now that I won't be playing hostess for a while, I should have more time to devote to blogging. Yay! I've missed posting.

Breakfast this morning
Nonfat, plain greek yogurt with a ton of bloobs, a tablespoon of honey drizzled on top, a squeeze of lemon juice, some Mesa Sunrise and a few raw almonds. Lemon poppyseed muffin and coffee on the side. 

I have my second photography class tonight! I realized that I need to get myself a new lens -- one with F-Stops that I can manually control. Thank goodness I found one at best buy for less than $150. Lenses get so expensive.

What were some good/bad luck experiences in your weekend?

What is your favorite kind of muffin?

5 comments:

  1. Hannah! You are so adorable!!

    I love the theme of this post. I'm so glad you were able to find good luck amongst all the bad. It's great to be able to turn a bad situation into a fun one.

    Are you going to post that muffin recipe?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Y'all are so cute together! Sounds like an awesome weekend, and those muffins look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck: got a haircut, made the best oats EVER (from Katie's voluminous oatmeal trick!)
    Bad luck: Flat tire on Sunday morning! Ugh!
    Favorite muffin: Lemon poppyseeders are hard to beat!! Cinnamon raisin's pretty good though, and corn/cheese/jalapeno muffins are to die for!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all muffins but I have to say my fave is probably pumpkin. It's something I only have in the fall but it always reminds me of cool breezy days when I used to live in Chicago.

    I love that you found so much "good" even in "bad" situations! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm so glad i found your blog via Allison @ Allison's Delicious Life. It's so cute and I can't wait to try your recipes. AND! I go to Wisconsin too! I just graduated but I have a year of grad school to go (i sound super old... weird). I'm guessing you're in MN for the summer and not Madison. But I can't wait to read more on your blog!

    ReplyDelete